A New Job Opportunity for the Refugee Office – December 30, 2017/2
Junior Project Manager (CP)
Terms of Reference
Caritas Egypt was established in 1967 as an “Emergency Aid-sector” providing Egyptian with essential needs. The government’s appreciation for Caritas active humanitarian contribution enabled it to be officially registered as a non-governmental organization at the Ministry of Social Affairs with the mission of combating poverty, exclusion, intolerance and discrimination.Caritas empowers individuals to participate fully in all matters affecting their lives and seeks to make them subjects of their own development and agents of change.
The Junior Project Manager will be responsible for effective and timely implementation of the project, for ensuring appropriate data management and reporting in relation with the project. S/he will be responsible for building, managing and supporting the team, ensuring that the project meets its target objectives in a timely, accountable and efficient manner, that data collection and reporting happens in accordance with global standards and project requirements.
- Lead the planning of project activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and UNHCR guidelines.
- Use appropriate project management tools to plan, review and track progress on project implementation as well as on the utilization of project resources.
- Oversee the quantitative and qualitative data collection, storage, management and sharing process and ensure implementation in accordance with global standards, local guidance and requirements of the project.
- Ensure regular reporting (at least monthly) including describing activities, indicators and lessons learned and regular communication with UNHCR;
- Develop program communication materials and documentation including lessons learned of projects.
- Ensure proper financial management systems are in place and followed in coordination with the Financial Officer.
- Provide and clearly explain expectations with all project staff to ensure they understand and are able to perform their responsibilities.
- Continuously support Caritas team by providing clear orientation, feedback and learning opportunities.
- Provide leadership for project staff in terms of vision, implementation, planning, and – Ensure the safety and security of field teams.
- Report concerns of suspected exploitation or abuse in accordance with the Reporting Procedures and Implementing the require investigating procedures;
- Ensure services/project management compliance with donor regulation.
- Establish and maintain excellent collaborative working relationships with local partners.
- Ensure recommendations of UNHCR are followed up.
- Advise Caritas Management about issues affecting project implementation, or key local issues affecting future services provided for refugees and asylum seekers in Egypt.
- Ensure timely and quality preparation of UNHCR project narrative reports, quarterly performance indicator tracking tables, baseline and final reports, as well as other reports needed/required by the local government, donors as per reporting schedule.
- Develop training plan in collaboration with UNHCR for new team members and refreshment sessions to old team members to enhance their work knowledge and support its implementation.
- Participate in relevant coordination meetings (including CP SWG);
- Monitor and supervise all project activities.
- Performance appraisal for the project staff member in collaboration with Caritas HR Dep.
- University degree, degree in social work is preferable
- Excellent command of English language , written , spoken is a must.
- Not less than 5 year of experience in child protection, social work, humanitarian affairs, development or related field.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in team supervision and management.
- Experience in data management.
The Vacancy is opened until January 15, 2018
Resumes should be submitted to email@example.com