A New Job Opportunity for the Refugee Office – December 30, 2017/4
Older persons/elderly and persons with disability
Under the direction of the project coordinator, the Case management supervisor is responsible to:
- Organize the workload of the case management team and assign cases to the caseworkers. Review staff caseloads to ensure they are manageable and share challenges with senior management.
- Conduct weekly individual supervision meetings with all caseworkers, providing technical advice on cases and psychosocial support to caseworkers in line with SOPs, and best practice guidance.
- Supervise regular case management meetings internally. Attend inter agency case management conference as needed.
- Support capacity building of the case management staff, from the development of the training plans to the rollout and the evaluation. Provide on the job coaching and deliver training sessions.
- Monitor timescales for response, decision-making, follow-up and review. Support individual cases where required and provide regular monitoring of all aspects of case management services.
- Provide supervision, guidance and regular feedback to the case managers under her/his responsibility.
- Ensure access to material, logistical, and further technical support and set eligibility criteria for material and other support.
- Support the data management process to ensure a comprehensive record of the case, in accordance with data protection protocols and confidentiality principle. Review and analyse trends in the caseload to inform programming.
- Conduct regular case file audit and check that protocols and principles are respected.
Skills and knowledge
- Have experience of working with persons with specific needs and families, including ideally qualifications in providing support services for them and solid interviewing skills.
- Understanding of specific refugee protection and including knowledge of refugee communities.
- Ability to identity capacity building needs and develop capacity building plans; ability to deliver trainings.
- Ability to provide guidance and supervision in a constructive manner.
- Ability to monitor work and performance in accordance with SOPs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other professionals and organizations.
- Ability to plan and organize work, in accordance with the SOPs.
- Ability to manage stress and emotions.
- Graduated in social sciences, psychology or related matters and 2 year experience in social work or refugee related field. OR 3 year experience in social work with refugees or vulnerable communities.
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written.
- Excellent drafting skills and proficient computer skills.
- Demonstrates the highest standard of integrity
The Vacancy is opened until January 15, 2018
Resumes should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org