In job announcement,Jobs
New Job :Senior Proposal Writing Officer
Caritas – Egypt
Senior Proposal Writing Officer
Head Quarter / Cairo
Caritas Egypt is one of the largest NGOs in Egypt, founded in 1967. Caritas strives for social change by respecting the principles of human rights. We build awareness, provide expertise and support vulnerable people and fragile communities all over Egypt. We empower them and create opportunities, so that they may realize their potential and participate in social, economic and cultural life. We work with local, national and international partners – civil society organizations and governments alike – for sustainable development.
Four key principles guide our work:
- At Caritas Egypt it all begins with people. We believe that every person is a worthy asset for society.
- We support the right of people to make their own choices by creating conditions that help them do so. We empower themto influence issues that affect themselves and their communities.
- Weare inclusive and recognize that some people may need additional support to overcome the barriers they face.
- We believe in partnerships. By sharing our expertise and resources with our partners and beneficiaries, our limited resources are better used and the public better served.
At Caritas Egypt we cherish high professional standards, creativity, innovation and learning, collaboration and partnerships; we take responsibility for our actions and encourage open communication, both among employees and with our partners.
A MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning) and Proposal Writing Officer has been appointed. The Senior Proposal Writing Officer joins the central Proposal Writing and MEAL team, which supports the all programs and offices of Caritas-Egypt in writing winning proposals, as well as in learning from and reporting on progress. The Senior Proposal Writing Officer first focuses on larger proposals, whereas the existing MEAL and Proposal Writing Officers focuses on MEAL and smaller proposals.
- Assist Caritas-Egypt to spot and assess opportunities (notably RfP’s = Request for Proposals)
- Assist programs on a case to case basis with writing, supporting quality, innovation, comprehensiveness and cooperation within and outside Caritas-Egypt
- Provide guidelines/checklists for proposal writing that ensure quality
- Provide key facts and strong standard paragraphs on Caritas-Egypts strengths (in coordination with Caritas-Egypt communication team)
- Call and chair (or co-chair) periodic and ad hoc coordination and learning meetings
- Organise capacity building trainings/workshops on Proposal Writing as and when appropriate
- Introduce quality control which is understood to help programs and Caritas-Egypt as a whole
- Monitor and learn from Caritas-Egypt’s overall proposal writing experiences (winning rates, success factors to winning)
Masters in Management and/or Social-Development field.
- At least 5 years experience with writing proposals is response to request for proposals
- Experience with domestic and corporate fundraising are a great advantage
- Experience with results-based management, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience with modern approaches to complexity (less control, more emergence and continuous learning) is an advantage
- Experience with organizational transformation is an advantage
- Experience with NGO’s is essential.
Competencies and skills
- the ability to use your own initiative;
- analytical thinking and attention to detail;
- the ability to work effectively on your own and as part of a team;
- strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- team player and can work independently as needed;
- organization and facilitation skills;
- organizational development and change management skills – bringing a business mentality to a social organization;
- resilience under pressure;
- flexible thinking and ability to adapt to change;
- excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- strong organizational and project management skills;
- Ability to understand technical and business concepts and express these concepts in clear, concise instructions;
- Ability to be flexible and open to changing priorities and challenges;
- Excellent English and Arabic spoken and written skills.
Reporting responsibility and coordination
- Teams together with the MEAL/fund-raising officer (who focuses more on MEAL and small proposals, whereas this person is to focus on large proposals)
- Collaborates closely with Local Fund Raising team and the Communication team
- Reports to the Executive Director
Applicants should email a copy of their CV and covering letter to recruitment @caritas-egypt.org by Wednesday 28th February. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for Thursday 8th March. The email subject must contain the relevant job title.