In job announcement,Jobs
New Job :Medical Manager, February 2018
Caritas Egypt-Refuge Office
Caritas Egypt was established in 1967 as an “Emergency Aid-sector” providing Egyptians with essential needs. The government’s appreciation for Caritas active humanitarian contribution enabled it to be officially registered as a non-governmental organization at the Ministry of Social Affairs with the mission of combating poverty, exclusion, intolerance and discrimination. Caritas empowers individuals to participate fully in all matters affecting their lives and seeks to make them subjects of their own development and agents of change.
- The Medical manager will carry out Caritas health project technical& managerial duties and responsibilities.
- She/he will oversee and closely supervise the medical activities in caritas clinics and ensure they effectively and efficiently running
- She/ he will be the direct manager of the Medical Doctors in Caritas clinic and should conduct her/ his managerial duties and responsibilities at the expected results based management and evidence based managerial practices to achieve all project’s goals, objectives and outcomes.
- She/ he will work closely with UNHCR Public Health Unit and ensure UNHCR policies and guidelines are implemented and respected.
- She/he is will ensure the provision of the best quality of services
- The selected person will perform his duties under the direct supervision of Caritas Refugee Office Director and the assistance of Caritas refugees Programme Deputy Director
- However, she/ he will work closely and in complimentary manner with the Health Manager responsible for the medical strategy of Caritas as well as the monitoring, reporting and quality control and to ensure the adherence of the SOP.
Scope of work:-
- Ensure throughout the project duration; the effective and efficient provision of comprehensives primary health services (preventative and curative) within an age and gender sensitive needs, based on UNHCR and MoHP national health guidelines and protocols
- Guide, coach , supervise and assess the performance of the medical team members (Doctors and nurses) in Caritas within an overall alignment & team harmony
- Supervise and coordinate with the Health Manager the activities in all Caritas clinics
- Ensure cost effectiveness in care provision
- Ensure the adherence of her/ his team to the efficient and rationalized medicines and continuously monitoring the prescriptions
- Prescribing in reference to MOHP and UNHCR essential drug list, rationalized medical investigations, rationalized referrals for specialized care and the team overall effective and efficient cases management using evidence based and cost – effective medical protocols and practices
- Ensure adherence to the Guidelines and protocols provided by UNHCR
- Ensure adherence of the medical team to the UNHCR criteria of assistance
- Ensure the Epidemiological Data is recorded by the Medical team and transmitted timely to the Health Manager
- Organize and conduct weekly coordination meetings with the medical team and the Health Manager
- Respond to the medical inquiries of other health partners concerning PoCs
- Share with the medical team the relevant guidelines and information materials
- Ensure the adequate management of patient clinical records at the attended Caritas clinics
- Respect Medical ethics and patient confidentiality
- Extend all needed operational support to MoH in all needed Public Health care responses including using Caritas clinics as national vaccination campaign venues, preparedness for and responses to any potential diseases outbreaks
- Refer to UNHCR Public health team on any clarification needed about guidelines and policies and overall technical health aspects
- Perform other duties or tasks as requested by Caritas refugee Office Director and UNHCR Program and public health team focal points
- Medical Doctor with Master degree or diploma in Public Health
- 8-10 years of experience related professional experience
- 5 years of experience in management / supervisory role
- Ability and willingness to work and live in diverse, challenging and potentially unstable environment
- Strong ability to read and interpret policies and regulations
- Fluency in written and spoken English with strong drafting skills
- Ability to make oral presentations and write clear reports and guidance in English and Arabic
- Skilled in Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and internet
- Excellent interpersonal skill with a strong teamwork
- Holds self –accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently and achieving results
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities
- Communicative and dynamic/ skilled in obtaining information from staff and/ or external partners and potential sponsors as necessary to accomplish duties
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task and control processes
- Strong representation, presentation and communication skills
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
Applicants should email a copy of their CV and cover letter to
by Sunday 20th February. The email subject must contain the relevant job title.